Get Your Home Ready to Sell Before You List It!
If you’re thinking about getting your home sold this summer, be systematic in your approach to getting it ready. If your home is the best looking one on the market it will sell faster andfore more than comparable homes in the neighborhood. Sell your home smart! Be prepared so you will sell for more in less time. By taking care of these items beforehand you will avoid problems down the line after the offer is accepted.
Sell Your Home Outside:
- Check the siding and paint ~ If your home has cracked or damaged siding, replace damaged areas. If you have peeling or cracking paint sand and repaint the exterior
- Check the gutters and downspouts to make sure they are working properly and in good shape and make sure gutters are cleared out
- Check air conditioning units to make sure they are clean and working properly
- Move and clean screens; clean all windows inside and out! If your screens aren’t in good condition do not put them back on the house
- Weed and mulch planted areas and make sure grass is mowed and weed-free
- Power wash the exterior if there is dirt or mold on the siding
- Power wash and stain your decks or wood porch floor
- Check sidewalks and driveway and patio for cracks or areas that may need repointing
- Get the roof checked by an authorized roof professional to make sure the roof is in good condition; power wash any stains or moldy areas
Now Sell Your Home Inside:
- Clean & neutral is the name of the game so make sure interior paint is neutral and in good shape; if not, paint and repair any damage, especially wall art hanging damage
- Kitchen must look clean and bright with updated appliances and cleared-out cabinets; cabinet door hardware must be in working order
- Floors must be clean and spotless; carpet should be clean or replaced if in less-than-show-worthy condition
- Remove (or store) any excessive furniture or furniture that is dated or dark
- Have your agent help you stage your home to sell!
- Have your agent arrange for professional photography because most homes are sold online!
- Closets should be cleared out (no more than 50% full)
- Lighting should be clean and all light bulbs should be working
- Ceiling fans should be balanced and clean
- Any house plants should be healthy and limited in number
- Get heating and a/c checked by a qualified professional to make sure it’s in good working order
- Clean out the refrigerator!
- Clean the windows!
Sell Your Home This Summer! Get Ready Now
Sell your home this summer by starting now. You have a do-able list but don’t delay in getting started! If you want to sell your home by this summer, you can do it successfully by ticking off the list! You can do it! Your professional real estate agent will guide you and help you in selling your home.
Contact Gene Mock, Associate Broker, Premier Team @ 703-342-8100 for expert advice on marketing and selling your home!
Get Your Home Ready to Sell This Summer!
Sell Your Home